This Tuesday let me give you some tips on how to survive 2017!
I normally never do New Year’s resolutions, but I thought this year would be the best time to start. I mean, 2016 has been a hell of a ride and I need some positivity to survive 2017. However, I’m not interested in those stupid resolutions that are impossible to actually stick to.
I’ll only eat fast food once a moth.
- Yeah right, Martha, we all know that the cashiers at Macdonald’s know your order by heart and call you by your first name.
I’ll go to the gym four times a week to get a six pack.
- Of course you are, uncle John. Just remember that just because you call your bar the gym and always drink a six pack of beer doesn’t mean anything.
I’ll be nice to everyone this year.
- Emma, you even yelled at your own reflection in the mirror because you couldn’t get your eye-liner right.
So here are my 10 resolutions. Feel free to steal these resolutions for your 2017.
- Listen to a song I love every morning after I wake up. What better way to start your day than some nice music?
- Smile to a random stranger whenever I walk down to street. Sometimes the best way to make yourself feel better is by making someone else happy.
- Enjoy every time I eat something unhealthy. I personally believe you need stick to a diet that is a good balance between healthy and unhealthy food. Just remember that when you do go for something really unhealthy to enjoy every bite!
- Compliment others. Giving a compliment is the easiest thing in the world so why not do it more often?
- Go for a walk every once in a while. I have lived in the same town all my life and there is still so much to explore. You don’t have to go out every day. Remember, these resolutions need to be realistic. And maybe take a picture every time you go out to remember this accomplishment, because sometimes just going outside is enough.
- Try to learn something new every day. It doesn’t matter what it is. Maybe write it down as well.
- Recycle! This is something I already do at home, but it can be a great feeling to do just a little extra to help the environment.
- Every month, go one day without your phone. I know some people need their phone for work, so by all means keep your phone turned on, but try not to use it all day. Instead, read that book that has been staring at you from the bookshelf for months and months. Maybe try to survive the day without internet as well!
- Invest more time in your blog. This one is really aimed at myself, but it can be used by anyone. Just change the word blog for whatever hobby makes you happy. Maybe photography, painting, design, learning a new language, gardening, singing, playing an instrument. Anything is possible.
- Don’t get mad when something doesn’t work out. It’s always a good idea to set goals, but don’t get obsessed with them. Never forget that failure is a part of learning too!
I know it isn’t New Year’s yet, but it’s time to start thinking about your resolutions. Either join me in my attempt to successfully accomplish my resolutions or let this list inspire you to create your own list. Let me know what your resolutions will be for 2017!
Have a nice Tuesday.