One of my New Year’s resolutions was to make a list of all my goals for 2018. I truly believe that the best way to accomplish something is by turning it into a specific goal. Writing it down is even better. The list is a good reminder of what you want to accomplish and checking things of the list will keep you motivated. This is my list of goals for this year. Some of them are short term goals, while others will take longer to accomplish. Here we go!
- Finish Bloguary – I decided to write a post a day for the month of January. I still have a long way to go, but feel determined to finish. The past year, I was desperately looking for inspiration and never really found it. This resulted in me barely writing anything at all. However, during my internship I’ve learned that sometimes you just need to sit down with a blank piece of paper and start writing. This is why this goal is so important to me. I want to start enjoying my writing again!
- Get 500 followers by the end of 2018 – I want this blog to grow. I want to share my writing with others and meet more people who love writing as much as I do. I don’t know if 500 is maybe too much, but I want to really force myself to invest more time and energy in my blog!
- Get my driver’s license – Each country has their own rules when it comes to passing your driver’s test and getting your license. In the Netherlands there is a theory and practical exam you need to pass, but you need to take driving lessons before you can take the exams. Yesterday, I passed my theory exam, but I still have 20 or so lessons to go before I can do my practical exam. I hope to have my license by the end of May.
- Rewrite my novel – RuairiRogue commented on one of my posts and he asked me if I wanted to eventually write a book or novel. I told him that I’ve always wanted to publish a Young Adult novel. However, I didn’t tell him that I already developed this story when I was a teenager and actually have a finished manuscript on my computer that has been sitting there for years. I had almost forgotten about it. Thank you, RuairiRogue, for reminding me! (I am working on that post about my writing process, BTW! I didn’t forget! If you want to know what I’m talking about read the comments on my SurpriseSaturday post!)
- Read at least 50 books – Another one of my resolutions was to read more. I want to create a list of all the books I want to read this year. I know that’s another list, but I love lists. So don’t judge me! I will probably share my list with you as well. I’m not sure whether that would be something you would be interested in, but I will be making it nonetheless.
- Learn to design websites – I want to learn more about the different programming languages that are used for website design. I still have to ask my brother about this goal, though. He knows all about that stuff and will be able to tell me which programming languages I should focus on.
- Do a collaborative project with you! – This is a project I’ve had in mind for a while now. I really want to try to make it happen this year, but I don’t know how to go about it just yet. Once I know more I will let you know. Follow me if you don’t want to miss any announcements! 😉
I really hope you will create a list with goals as well. Post it on your blog, write it on your wall or have it printed and put it in a frame! Just make sure it’s somewhere you will actually see it!
Have a nice Saturday!