One of my goals for 2018 is to read 50 books. This means I have to read a book a week. Right now, I’m still optimistic that I can make it. We’ll see how long that optimism will last…
To prepare for this daunting task, I decided to list all the books in my bookcase. I have around 150 books lying around my room right now. After making the list I took a quick nap… and then I made a list of all the books I want to read this year. Don’t worry, I won’t bore you with all the 50 books I want to read this year. That would just be too much and the list could change. I will, however, give you a list of all the books I look most forward to read. Maybe I will even write some reviews about the books once I’ve read them.
Isn’t it exciting!
All these possibilities.
Oh, and if you have a book you think I should read, let me know!
Let’s get started with this list.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy: My brother got me all the Lord of the Rings books for my birthday, including the Hobbit. I was too young to watch the movies when they came out, but I love fantasy series and LotR is a must-read for all fantasy fans. This is why LotR is at the top of my list. I mean, there is no better way to start a new adventure, right?
- The Throne of Glass series: I’ve read the first book in this series and was hooked from the first chapter. I started reading the series when I was still a literary student, but had to stop because mandatory reading for my classes had to come first. At least I had my priorities straight… I can’t wait to get back to the kingdom of Adarlan and see what Celaena is up to.
- Alice in Wonderland: I used to be scared of the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. The purple cat was just floating around and that creepy smile freaked me out. I don’t think I’ve ever finished the cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland, however, I feel like it’s time to face my childhood fears. I will read the book first and then we’ll see if I’m brave enough to watch the movie.
- Harry Potter: I’ve read the series over a hundred times, but this reading challenge won’t be complete without Harry Potter! My Hufflepuff heart is just not strong enough to resist.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: I absolutely loved the movies and want to know if the books are even better. I know the later books get a bit weird, but that won’t stop me!
You’ve probably noticed that I mostly read young adult and fantasy series. I’ve always loved to be immersed in a world where anything is possible! It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to really read books I want to read. That’s exactly why I’m looking forward to this new challenge.
Just another reminder, if you have any recommendations, please feel free to let me know in the comments!
Have a nice Monday!